Friday, November 4, 2011

Into to Lia and Birthday Cheesecakes

Well, another chef has thrown her, um, springform pan, into the kitchen. Her name is Lia, and she makes a mean cheesecake! Here is her introduction to her recipes:

I love to bake and cook, so any time I get an excuse to do so, I take it and run. For example, my birthday is December 23 (yes, I'm a Christmas baby) and every year I would wait and hope that mom would make me a birthday cake. And just about every year my cake was either left unmade, or shared with dad's birthday (on January 4). I know it sounds a bit like I am complaining, and I guess that is because I am!

So last year, I decided to just make my own birthday cake. If I want one so bad, then I should just make it myself. This is my excuse! I'm taking it and running with it. I decided to make cheesecake, since it is really awesome, and when made properly, DELICIOUS!!! I love red velvet cake, and the tiramisu my grandma makes, so choosing the types of cheesecakes to make for my birthday cake was pretty obvious. It took a lot of research and pouring through countless recipes to come up with these versions, I hope that you enjoy them!

Since I had to work every day before my birthday I had to make the cheesecakes after work, meaning I passed a few late nights to make sure they were done in time for my birthday. But since they turned out so fantastically, it was definitely worth it. I ended up bringing the cheesecakes to work as a birthday treat to share with my coworkers and they were a huge hit! Every piece was gone before the end of the day! I was even asked by multiple colleagues to bring more for the next day, I'm sorry to say that I had to let them down because that just wasn't happening. They were just going to have to wait until next year. But my birthday is coming up next month, and I've already decided on this year's cheesecakes :-) But you'll have to wait until another day for those recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment